FELLOWSHIP in Integrative Cardiometabolic Health
100 Hours - 100% Online
Become A Fellow in Integrative Cardiometabolic health
- Become part of the next one Trillion dollar health care industry
- Don’t spend thousands of dollars and weeks out of your practice to learn the very latest in evidence-based Integrative Cardiometabolic Medicine
- Start today and immediately implement what you have learned into your practice
- Develop the skills needed to practice evidence based integrative medicine in your practice…today
- Use our proven clinical forms to help you get to the ”root cause” of your patients health challenges, and direct their care in a methodical and proven method
- Learn From World Renowned Faculty in their fields
- Use how to communicate integrative Cardiometabolic health to your patients and to your community.
- Improve Your Patient Outcomes
- Achieve Clinical Excellence
- 100% On-Line Training
- Increase Your Income
Learn from some of the top practitioners in the field of integrative Cardiometabolic medicine. Our certification program is an online, state of the art learning environment, complete with basic to advanced materials, case studies and the ability to communicate with your instructors and peers both asynchronously and in real time with live, interactive monthly webinars.
Refresh & Grow Your Knowledge and Skills as an Integrative Medicine Practitioner by Earning a Fellowship in Integrative Cardiometabolic Health from The Institute For Integrative Medicine
This program is specially designed to equip both the healthcare practitioner that is new to the practice of integrative and functional medicine as well as the experienced integrative medicine practitioner. If you are seeking to break into this exciting field or reinforce your knowledge and learn the latest in evidence-based research then this program is for you. Whatever your level of expertise in integrative medicine, the IFIM and its faculty are here to assist you in any way we can.
This is a 100 hour, 6-month Fellowship in Integrative Cardiometabolic Health. This Felllowship program is delivered completely online. The ability to access and complete all of the program requirements from the privacy of your home or office enables flexibility in the pursuit learning. Practitioners are able to engage with a state of the art program where the content is accessible, affordable and convenient.
Who Is This Program Designed For?
We have designed the certificate program to be relevant and adaptable to all licensed health care practitioners including but not limited to: Medical Doctors, Osteopathic Physicians, Physician Assistants, Nurse Practitioners, Acupuncturists, Nurses, Dieticians, Nutritionists, Naturopathic Doctors, Doctor of Chiropractors, Clinical Nutritionists, Dentists and Psychologists.
The fellowship will cover relevant topics pertinent to cardiovascular and metabolic health. Articles included will cover the bigger picture of cardiovascular disease than the conventional LDL cholesterol lowering approach. Endothelial dysfunction will be covered in great depth and the current available tests will be eluded to so that as a practitioner, one can not only understand the concept of endothelial dysfunction, but also how to diagnose and manage the condition. The metabolic syndrome and insulin resistance will be discussed in detail and the available medicines and nutraceuticals for the management of metabolic syndrome will be reviewed.
Hypertension protocols using natural medicines will be discussed as will hypercholesterolemia. Expanded lipid profiles and particle size and number will be reviewed. Cardiovascular risk profiles will be looked at and nutraceutical management thereof will be discussed in depth.
Frequently patients are these days using drugs and nutraceuticals and the correct combinations will be discussed, for example it is very important to remember that statins deplete the body of coenzyme q10 and that supplementation is essential if taking a statin. Not only is coq10 depleted by statins, but also vitamin e and d, omega 3, and carnitine and this will be looked at in this module. A protocol for the treatment of statin induced rhabdomyolisis will be included as well.
Nutrition and the nutraceutical management of hypertension will be reviewed.
Coenzyme q10 physiology and indications for use in cardiovascular medicine will be reviewed.
As far as metabolic issues are concerned, iron overload and the impact on heart disease will be discussed, as will the apo e gene, and vitamin d3 and k2 and NADH, nutrition, fibre and lifestyle.
This is a course with an emphasis on active participation, reading, synthesizing and analyzing information for decision making in healthcare and collaborative learning. The faculty member will facilitate learning throughout the course; however learners are expected to take responsibility for their own learning. On occasion, guest speakers may join us.
This fellowship meets the IFIM and AAIM conceptual framework themes of academic excellence, best practices and professionalism. The learning objectives follow.
- To understand, review and apply in clinical practice cardiovascular risk factors, lab testing and nutraceutical supplementation in addition to lifestyle change, nutrition and exercise
- To understand protocols for the management of vascular disease, hypertension, hyperlipidemia, endothelial dysfunction and insulin resistance
- To understand the role that coenzyme q10 plays both in supplementation and treatment of cardiovascular diseases
- To understand how to put into practice a comprehensive program to combat cardiometabolic disease.
- To understand the metabolic and genetic factors that compound the risk for heart disease and diabetes
- To fully grasp the nutraceutical equivalent of drug treatments for diabetes, insulin resistance and the metabolic syndrome.
Assignments and Course Requirements:
Participation in discussion
Regular, active participation is a critical component and beneficial for success in this course and learning community. We will have opportunities to discuss questions and topics associated with the required readings and case studies. Learners will be responsible for the readings. During Forum discussions, learning opportunities will be enhanced through collaboration with others.
The case studies are a form of learning that is highly self-directed by the student. The case studies will require you to read, synthesize, and critically analyse the case to answer questions,
Rationale for case study treatment protocol and actual patient results from treatment are provided and serve as grounds for further discussion in the associated FORUM.
The final exam is the culmination of the fellowship.
Fellowship in Integrative Cardiometabolic Health
100 Hours - 100% Online